[pycrypto] Adding support for Tiger Hash / Tiger Tree Hash

Ximin Luo xl269 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Aug 26 04:43:53 CST 2009

Hi,

I was just wondering if it would be possible to add support for Tiger Tree Hash
/ Tiger Hash into pyCrypto? At the moment a bunch of us are having to bundle
our own custom "tiger" module with the software we're developing; we have
pyCrypto as a dependency anyway, so it would be great if it could include the
tiger module.

Mark's original code for pytiger: https://launchpad.net/pytiger/trunk

My branch, which has better endianness detection:
https://code.launchpad.net/~xl269/pytiger/main

The specification of the THEX algorithm is at:
http://www.open-content.net/specs/draft-jchapweske-thex-02.html

The specification of the Tiger hash algorithm is at:
http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/~biham/Reports/Tiger/

There is also a debian package. I haven't looked at it, but you might find the
information useful: http://packages.debian.org/sid/tthsum

Thanks,

Ximin