[pycrypto] Pycrypto, New contributor, TODO & Camellia

rusydi hasan rusydi.hasan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 03:39:40 CST 2009

Hi Dwayne,

First of all, let me introduce myself. Im rusydi, an undergaduate computer
science in malaysia.

I have necessary background in cryptography, specifically block cipher, and
C programming. Im interested to become a contributor in the next release of
pycrypto (i read that you need the contributor outside US and Canada and not
the US/Canada Passport holder), especially in the implementation of some
block ciphers. But i have few things that i need to ask to you

   1. In TODO list i saw that pycrypto is gonna implement Camellia. AFAIK,
   camellia is a patented block cipher by Mitsubishi Electric Corporation and
   Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT), Japan. I attached the
   intellectual property statement, submitted to NESSIE submission
   2. Is it necessary to implement some Light-Weight Block Cipher in
   pycrypto ? (such as DESL, TEA, KATAN, SEA, etc) because im planning to
   submit some of these light-weight block cipher for the pycrypto.
   3. How to submit the source code ? since i could not clone the git
   repository (the port is blocked from my campus network). And i dont have
   adequate background in open-source software development.

Thanks,
--
Rusydi Hasan Makarim (0721051)
Department of Computer Science