[pycrypto] FW: python crypto with python 3.0 or 3.1

Grail Dane grail69 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 28 18:02:27 CST 2010

Hello Christoph
I have made more head way since that one (and made a lot more changes).I found that the module creation required a few more steps and I have come up with two solutions (in attached patches):
1. First patch follows most of the online info I could find related to PyModuleDef and the related PyTypeObject.   This required that all tp_getattr functions be removed and set to 0 (zero) in the PyTypeObject definition.
2. The second patch retained the already created tp_getattr functions.
With either applied I am able to compile but when running a test program with the following lines only:
#!/usr/bin/env python
from Crypto.Cipher import AESimport base64import os

When run I receive the following error:
Traceback (most recent call last):  File "./cypher.py", line 3, in <module>    from Crypto.Cipher import AESSystemError: NULL result without error in PyObject_Call
So apply patches (and make necessary changes for Windows) and we will see if I can help further :)
Cheers Grail

Get straight to the Point Find a great deal on your next car.
View photos of singles in your area! Browse profiles for FREE
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/150855801/direct/01/