[pycrypto] port for IronPython

djlawler at aol.com djlawler at aol.com
Sun Mar 7 00:07:19 CST 2010

I have programmed a port of the parts of PyCrypto that are written in c
to c#.  The basic approach was to wrap c# routines from BouncyCastle in
a PyCrypto-like interface.  The python part of PyCrypto is mostly
unchanged, except for code like this:

import sys
if sys.platform == "cli":
    import clr
    clr.AddReference("IronPyCrypto.dll")
    import IronPyCrypto_Util_strxor as strxor

in some of the __init__.py files.  Basically all the pyd files get
replaced by a single dll  I don't know if you are interested in
incorporating this into PyCrypto.  I think that is unlikely as first, I
am American and second, it's really a different animal.  Would there be
any objections to me putting this up on bitbucket?  Any problems with
the name IronPyCrypto (very unoriginal I know).  It still needs a
little work....but currently passes all of the existing tests.

Regards,

David Lawler