[pycrypto] Py3k Support

Mitchell Stokes mogurijin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 00:35:57 CST 2010

I have been looking around for some Python libraries to handle encryption
and decryption using either AES or Blowfish (possibly others, I'm very new
to cryptography). However, for my current project I need to use Python 3.1,
which means I have a very limited selection of libraries. The only ones I
have found are pure Python ones like SlowAES, which are rather slow. Speed
is important for this project, but the best I can do is 1.7 seconds to
decrypt a 129KB archive file using a pure Python Blowfish module I found and
converted to py3k.

So, that brings me to my question: What is the status of Py3k support in
PyCrypto? The latest information I can find for this is a thread from May
saying that a py3k version of PyCrypto was still failing 30% of the tests.
Has this improved? Where can I find this source code
(branch/patch/whatever)? What parts of PyCrypto are still failing with py3k?

Thank you,
Mitchell Stokes