[pycrypto] Installation terminated with an error "Unable to find vcvarsall.bat"

Mauricio Gomes mgpensar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 10:30:10 CST 2011

Looking for the archives I have found this thread:

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 08:57:18PM +0200, Jonathan Livni wrote:
>*What and where is this vcvarsall.bat?
*
vcvarsall.bat is part of Microsoft's compiler, which I'm told you can
download at no cost.

Python modules are supposed to be built using the same compiler and stdlib
as was used to build Python itself.  However, you should be able to use
mingw32 (which is a Windows port of gcc) for PyCrypto.  That's all I've
ever tested PyCrypto with on Windows, anyway. :)

--
Dwayne C. Litzenberger <dlitz at

I am having the same issue but first, instead of looking for vcvarsall.bat I
would like to try it with mingw32 because that is what I use.
How do I change the default compiler to mingw32 ?

Thanks !
Mau.