[pycrypto] Public Key encryption of files

Dean Macinskas dmacinskas at geobridge.net
Thu Nov 10 12:18:53 CST 2011

All blocks need to be 16 bytes.  So for example, if the file is 2,000,005 bytes, you'd encrypt 125,000 16-byte blocks; you then have 5 bytes left over, to which you'd add 11 padding bytes, which can be any binary value and then encrypt that last block.

Some schemes add a header to the beginning of the file with the cleartext length, so the decrypter can easily discard the padding.  Also, consider using CBC mode with a non-zero IV, which has some security advantages.