[pycrypto] ANN: PyCrypto 2.5 released
Dwayne C. Litzenberger
dlitz at dlitz.net
Fri Jan 13 12:47:04 EST 2012
PyCrypto 2.5 has been released!
You can download this release from http://www.pycrypto.org/. It has the
following SHA256 sums:
The git repository is here: https://github.com/dlitz/pycrypto/
The v2.5 commit id is: 3245543c8d6e4af046c216b7cb550c632260b31d
Please test it and post your experiences to the PyCrypto mailing list:
pycrypto at lists.dlitz.net
and/or file bug reports on Launchpad:
Here is the changelog:
* Added PKCS#1 encryption schemes (v1.5 and OAEP). We now have
a decent, easy-to-use non-textbook RSA implementation. Yay!
* Added PKCS#1 signature schemes (v1.5 and PSS). v1.5 required some
extensive changes to Hash modules to contain the algorithm specific
ASN.1 OID. To that end, we now always have a (thin) Python module to
hide the one in pure C.
* Added 2 standard Key Derivation Functions (PBKDF1 and PBKDF2).
* Added export/import of RSA keys in OpenSSH and PKCS#8 formats.
* Added password-protected export/import of RSA keys (one old method
for PKCS#8 PEM only).
* Added ability to generate RSA key pairs with configurable public
* Added ability to construct an RSA key pair even if only the private
exponent d is known, and not p and q.
* Added SHA-2 C source code (fully from Lorenz Quack).
* Unit tests for all the above.
* Updates to documentation (both inline and in Doc/pycrypt.rst)
* All of the above changes were put together by Legrandin (Thanks!)
* Minor bug fixes (setup.py and tests).
Thanks to everyone who helped make this release possible, especially to
Legrandin, who did most of the work.
Dwayne C. Litzenberger <dlitz at dlitz.net>
OpenPGP: 19E1 1FE8 B3CF F273 ED17 4A24 928C EC13 39C2 5CF7
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 222 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.dlitz.net/pipermail/pycrypto/attachments/20120113/1e473fdf/attachment.pgp
More information about the pycrypto