[pycrypto] Confused about some code in PubKey/RSA/_slowmath.py

Shoufu Luo luoshoufu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 17:24:42 PST 2012

Hi Lorenz,

Thank you so much for explanation. Now, I think I understand the code.

The private key is only for decryption and sign, and public key is for encryption and verify. The _sign procedure calls the decryption (which I though should be encryption function), because decrypt and encrypt are the same operation from mathematical standpoint. Yes, that is the confusing part, but diligent! Now, I'm clear.Thank you!

And thank you for advice, I use private key for signature in the standard way not for encryption. My problem was solved. Thanks again.

Yours sincerely,
Shoufu