[pycrypto] Is PyCrypto dead?

Dave Pawson dave.pawson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 13:31:37 PDT 2014

On 21 April 2014 20:44, Legrandin <helderijs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is PyCrypto dead?
>

> However, when it comes to adding new features (as in, catching up with the
> needs of a normal security application in 2014) and refactoring the
> existing ones, pycrypto is deep frozen. Bug reports keep piling up and it can easily take a couple of years for a pull request to finally end up in a  release.

> What can be done to improve on that?
> Would setting up a tip jar help?
> Would a fork of the library be seen as hostile?

It appears the 'home' page is dead/not supported / updated.
I don't think a tip jar would help that?
A fork (new home page /site?) seems right.
I have seen life on the list, I do find the product good,
as do others. My gripe is documentation, which I'm willing
to pick help with, but not if the host of the site is away?
  Is it GPL?

regards DaveP

--
Dave Pawson