[pycrypto] Build error, 2.6.1

Dave Pawson dave.pawson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 07:44:41 UTC 2017

pip uninstalled pycrypto!

Re install instructions. Fedora 26, requires root for installation?

running install_lib
    copying build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.6/Cryptodome/__init__.py ->
/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/Cryptodome
    error: could not delete
'/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/Cryptodome/__init__.py':
Permission denied

Not mentioned on https://www.pycryptodome.org/en/latest/src/installation.html

>  python3 -m Cryptodome.SelfTest
Ran 22656 tests in 37.023s