[pycrypto] Public key algos usage

Kiwi spiky.kiwi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 08:07:49 CST 2009

I cannot find documentation on using PyCrypto's public keys algorithms.
The main problem is that while I can easily create a private/public
keypair and use it, I don't understand how to create an object given
only a public key (encryption/verify only).
The only documentation says to "look at the source code".
What is the best thing to do at this time?
Wait for a definitive API? Use a development version? Use the old
undocumented API?
Is there a code snipplet somewhere on using RSA or ElGamal with the current API?
By the way I already use PyCrypto symmetric encryption in the
application I'm writing and it works well and fast.

Thank you for your time,
Stefano Cavallari