[pycrypto] Pycrypto, New contributor, TODO & Camellia

Yoshisato YANAGISAWA yanagisawa at csg.is.titech.ac.jp
Wed Nov 18 09:33:24 CST 2009

Hi Rusydi,

2009/11/15 18:09, rusydi hasan wrote:
>     I don't want to maintain additional ciphers in my tree unless they are
>     mature and offer significant advantages over what PyCrypto already has.
>     I'm even hesitant to add Camellia---The only reason I'm considering
>     it is
>     that PyCrypto only has one 128-bit block cipher right now (AES), and
>     because the proposed candidate, Camellia, made it through the NESSIE
>     competition.  Even then, I don't consider it a priority, and
>     PyCrypto 2.1
>     will be released without it.
>

> Well, i ll still try to work on Camellia.

FYI, I used to write a patch to add support for camellia block cipher
for pycrypto 2.0.1:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/pycrypto/+bug/258561
I do not have much time to maintain it, though.
It includes new BSD-licensed source code of camellia block cipher
distributed by NTT at:
http://info.isl.ntt.co.jp/crypt/eng/camellia/engine.html
The same codes are in Linux, FreeBSD, OpenSSL, GnuTLS, NSS (Firefox),
and so on.

I hope this patch will help you write your new patch.

Thank you,

----
Yoshisato YANAGISAWA.