[pycrypto] ANN: PyCrypto 2.2 released
Dwayne C. Litzenberger
dlitz at dlitz.net
Mon Aug 2 16:00:13 CST 2010
PyCrypto 2.2 has been released.
This release remains compatible with Python 2.1 through 2.6. (Python
3.x is not yet supported.) A C99 compiler may be required.
You can download this release from http://www.pycrypto.org/, you can ask
for it in the cheeseshop, and it has the following SHA256 sums:
Please test it and post your experiences to the PyCrypto mailing list:
pycrypto at lists.dlitz.net
and/or file bug reports on Launchpad:
Here is the changelog:
- Deprecated Crypto.Util.number.getRandomNumber(), which had confusing
semantics. It's been replaced by getRandomNBitInteger and
getRandomInteger. (Thanks: Lorenz Quack)
- Better isPrime() and getPrime() implementations that do a real
Rabin-Miller probabilistic primality test (not the phony test we did
before with fixed bases). (Thanks: Lorenz Quack)
- getStrongPrime() implementation for generating RSA primes.
(Thanks: Lorenz Quack)
- Support for importing and exporting RSA keys in DER and PEM format.
- Fix PyCrypto when floor division (python -Qnew) is enabled.
- When building using gcc, use -std=c99 for compilation. This should
fix building on FreeBSD and NetBSD.
Thanks to everyone who helped make this release possible!
Dwayne C. Litzenberger <dlitz at dlitz.net>
OpenPGP: 19E1 1FE8 B3CF F273 ED17 4A24 928C EC13 39C2 5CF7
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 221 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.dlitz.net/pipermail/pycrypto/attachments/20100802/3a0fb93a/attachment.pgp
More information about the pycrypto