[pycrypto] ANN: PyCrypto 2.2 released

David MacQuigg macquigg at ece.arizona.edu
Mon Aug 2 18:08:46 CST 2010

Many thanks to all.  This is an excellent package, well-suited for a
class in cryptography.

I have some questions about the migration to 3.x, and I apologize if I
missed this in the earlier discussions on this list.  Is this really
hard to do, or is it just not worth the effort?  Is there something
about PyCrypto, compared to other packages, making the migration more
difficult.

I have no prejudice one way or the other as to whether PyCrypto should
make a big effort in migration.  I have both 2.7 and 3.1 on my Mac, and
it looks like 2.7 will be around for many more years.

* David MacQuigg, PhD    email: macquigg at ece.arizona.edu   *  *
* Research Associate                phone: USA 520-721-4583   *  *  *
* ECE Department, University of Arizona                       *  *  *
*                                 9320 East Mikelyn Lane       * * *
* http://purl.net/macquigg        Tucson, Arizona 85710          *