[pycrypto] Guidelines for Py3k support

Dwayne C. Litzenberger dlitz at dlitz.net
Mon Aug 2 19:15:21 CST 2010

Hey guys,

I see that some of you are working on Python 3 support for PyCrypto.  I'll
admit that I haven't been paying much attention (I don't really use Python
3 right now), but I would definitely like to see this move forward.

Here are some guidelines for patches:

- Patches should be generated using "git format-patch" or "git send-email",
   and sent to this mailing list, along with a statement that they comply
   with the PyCrypto Code Submission Requirements - Rev C.  See
   http://www.dlitz.net/software/pycrypto/submission-requirements/, and take
   particular note of the residency requirements.
   (*insert rant about obnoxious crypto export controls here*)

- One master source tree.  I only want to maintain one source tree, and
   Python 2.x support is *not* going away any time soon.

- Must work on older Python releases, going back to 2.2.  Ideally, we would
   also continue to support Python 2.1, but I'm willing to drop 2.1 if
   necessary.

Cheers,
- Dwayne

--