[pycrypto] Wanted: Additional unit tests for Python 3.x porting effort

Thorsten Behrens sbehrens at gmx.li
Thu Dec 30 23:11:28 CST 2010

Crypto.Random.random has unit tests now. A few notes on that:
     - random.shuffle() was broken, it had a TypeError and an
IndexError. Not my doing, that's always been the case. That's been fixed.
     - random.sample() does not work on 2.1. Not my doing, that's always
been the case. I will not fix this. Others are welcome to.
     - random does not implement the full compliment of functions that
Python offers, it is a much smaller subset
     - I somehow doubt anyone ever actually used this interface. We may
declare it "static for backwards compatibility" and leave well enough alone.

I will not write unit tests for qNEW, though others are welcome to.

We still need unit tests for ElGamal and AllOrNothing. Anyone?

Thorsten