[pycrypto] ANN: PyCrypto 2.4 released
Dwayne C. Litzenberger
dlitz at dlitz.net
Sat Oct 22 14:16:49 CST 2011
PyCrypto 2.4 has been released!
You can download this release from http://www.pycrypto.org/. It has the
following SHA256 sums:
The git repository is here: https://github.com/dlitz/pycrypto/
The v2.4 commit id is: fb29a28275e3a693566c936af6b7fae6e4b253e4
Please test it and post your experiences to the PyCrypto mailing list:
pycrypto at lists.dlitz.net
and/or file bug reports on Launchpad:
Here is the changelog:
* Python 3 support! (Thorsten E. Behrens, Anders Sundman)
PyCrypto now supports every version of Python from 2.1 through 3.2.
* Timing-attack countermeasures in _fastmath: When built against
libgmp version 5 or later, we use mpz_powm_sec instead of mpz_powm.
This should prevent the timing attack described by Geremy Condra at
* New hash modules (for Python >= 2.5 only): SHA224, SHA384, and
SHA512 (Frédéric Bertolus)
* Configuration using GNU autoconf. This should help fix a bunch of
* Support using MPIR as an alternative to GMP.
* Improve the test command in setup.py, by allowing tests to be
performed on a single sub-package or module only. (Legrandin)
You can now do something like this:
python setup.py test -m Hash.SHA256 --skip-slow-tests
* Fix double-decref of "counter" when Cipher object initialisation
fails (Ryan Kelly)
* Apply patches from Debian's python-crypto 2.3-3 package (Jan
Dittberner, Sebastian Ramacher):
* Fix launchpad bug #702835: "Import key code is not compatible with
GMP library" (Legrandin)
* More tests, better documentation, various bugfixes.
Thanks to everyone who helped make this release possible!
Dwayne C. Litzenberger <dlitz at dlitz.net>
OpenPGP: 19E1 1FE8 B3CF F273 ED17 4A24 928C EC13 39C2 5CF7
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 222 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.dlitz.net/pipermail/pycrypto/attachments/20111022/c6c119ad/attachment.pgp
More information about the pycrypto