[pycrypto] Build error?

Martin Falatic martin at falatic.com
Wed Dec 7 21:17:34 UTC 2016

Typo, or two packages of the same exact name?

The system shouldn't have a problem uninstalling the RPM because of the
way these packages get installed - pycryptodome uses the same package name
"Crypto", but it's not installed in the same folders. Because of that same
namespace, with both installed it can be a toss-up as to which package
named "Crypto" Python will use.

pycryptodomex uses a different package name entirely ("Cryptodome") - thus
it wouldn't conflict with "Crypto", but you'd have to refactor everything
to use "Cryptodome" instead which is its own kind of pain.

Since pycryptodome is a superset of pycrypto, there shouldn't be anything
missing (and it already works better just by virtue of the bugs that got
fixed), thus using that alone ought to suffice.

 - M